Free Web Submission

Wednesday 23 April 2014

What is a starfish?

Last night my daughter was playing with my shell collection and came across a starfish,  she asked me about it and as a result I had to do some research.   This is what I found.

1.  Starfish belongs to a large group of marine animals called echinoderms

2. Starfish have NO brains or Blood.

3.  If you cut off a limb of a starfish it will grow back.

4.  Starfish can live for unto 40 years (but have no brain or blood)

5.  Starfish can reproduce asexually. (but have no brains or blood)

6.  Starfish can weigh unto 11 lbs.  (but have no brains or blood)

As you can see the blood and brains part bugs me.  It appears as though the blood part is taken care of by using sea water.  The brain part well I guess it is kind of like a plant then... Any way have a great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment