Free Web Submission

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Dolphin Therapy fact or fiction

I read a lot of articles about Dolphin therapy and I wonder to myself is it fact or fiction.   The answer is I don't know.  I do believe that animals of all types benefit humans to a far greater extent than we can ever know.   I think about how many times I just reach out and pet the dog for no other reason than I want to.  How I look forward to my dog greeting me when I get home from work.  I think about how I feel when she is not well or has hurt herself.   I know that I feel better with her around.  I also know that when I work with and interact with the dolphins I also feel a sense of pleasure and relief.  I feel some of my stresses going away and a sense of calmness.  I guess it is considered a sense of therapy however I am unsure if it has a lasting effect.   I also take into account why little children and pregnant women should not interact with the Dolphins.  I know that the dolphin senses when they are near and their instincts take over and want to interact with them.   I can assure you that this is not in a bad way but the risks are too great.    So is Dolphin therapy real?  I am not sure.   But I do know that anything that makes you feel this great can't be bad for you.   Here is a link to a very good article that I have found.  You can decide for yourself.  Comments?  

No comments:

Post a Comment