Free Web Submission

Thursday 12 September 2013

Dolphins, Getting personal

Ok people,  A bit of a confession.  I was not born a yard.  I moved here many moons ago from a land far far away,  a land of snow and cold.  A land where you could not walk around in slippers all day.  A land where your best friend was either your significant other or a heating blanket.  A land where you wanted to have the dog on the bed as it helped keep you warm.  When I first moved here I was like nearly everyone else.  I was in awe of what I saw.  I loved the nature and loved the whole concept of island life.   Soon it started to wear on me though.  I wanted more.  I was tired of just seeing the mongoose running around.   I was tired of just hearing the parrots in the trees or the tree frogs making their noises.  I wanted more.   Then I learned to sail.  I started to have fun,  it opened a new world for me.   I learned to appreciate nature more. Then I saw it.  A sea turtle in the water.  What a site.  I learned to slow down and appreciate things more.  The turtle did that for me.   Another day we were greeted by dolphins,  seeing a dolphin at sea is a great experience.  It was like their energy feed me.   I learned to look for them.  Alas sightings at sea in Jamaica although fairly common are not a daily thing. However I am blessed.  I get to work with Dolphin Cove Jamaica and I see them every day.   Why not join me sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment